Mobilizing the Power of Women to Advance the Common Good
WHAT IS UNITED WAY WOMEN UNITED®?
CREATED AND LED BY WOMEN. Women United® is a global force of nearly 70,000 women representing United Ways from across the country, all dedicated to effecting change in their local communities. United Way of Racine County’s Women United® supports United Way’s efforts to build an educated workforce. Members are mobilized and inspired to become powerful philanthropists.
HOW TO JOIN
Brighter future fund
Through the creation of the Brighter Future Fund, Women United® shows its commitment to supporting United Way of Racine County’s goal of building an educated workforce. This fund, which is separate from United Way’s Community Campaign, offers grant opportunities to programs aiding the development of today and tomorrow’s workforces, with a focus on women and children. Annual grants are available to programs that support family financial stability, school readiness, and on-time graduation. Grant recipients are determined by the Women United® executive committee.
2017 Grant Recipients
- SAFE Haven of Racine, Inc. - Girls Inc. of SE WI
- Preemie Power of Wisconsin, Inc.
- First Choice Pre-Apprenticeship
- Bethany Apartments
- Youth for Christ
The 2018 grant application is now open through August 30th. If you are interested in applying, please SUBMIT HERE
POWER OF THE PURSE
Women United's first Power of the Purse luncheon was a great success. Thanks to our generous guests, we raised over $5,300 for the Brighter Future Fund. With your help, we hope to make the event bigger and better next year. We need new purses and funding to offer great auction items, so if you are interested in donating, please fill out the following form.
As a Women United® member, you will share your time and talents with an amazing group of women who not only want to see positive change in the community – they want to create it.
- Be part of a local group of women dedicated to supporting each other and the community.
- Receive exclusive invites to special events, including fundraising and volunteer opportunities.
- Be part of a nationally recognized group of dedicated female philanthropists.
- Learn about the real needs and issues affecting our community.
- Be listed in United Way publications and online.
- Gifts qualify for a charitable tax deduction.
Special thank you to our Inaugural Founding Members:
- Lisa Glover
- Peggy Kelsey
- Sandy Kontra
Special thank you to Executive Committee Members:
- Laura Matter - Chair
- Ashley Conley
- Francesca DeGlopper
- Bridget Shirley
- Gina Sorenson
For more information, please contact Tracie Feest at 262-898-2242.