Mobilizing the Power of Women to Advance the Common Good
WHAT IS UNITED WAY WOMEN UNITED®?
CREATED AND LED BY WOMEN. Women United® is a global force of more than 75,000 women representing United Ways from across the country, all dedicated to effecting change in their local communities. United Way of Racine County’s Women United® supports United Way’s efforts to build an educated workforce. Members are mobilized and inspired to become powerful philanthropists.
HOW TO JOIN
Brighter future fund
Through the creation of the Brighter Future Fund, Women United® shows its commitment to supporting United Way of Racine County’s goal of building an educated workforce. This fund, which is separate from United Way’s community campaign, offers grant opportunities to programs aiding the development of today and tomorrow’s workforces, with a focus on women and children. Annual grants are available to programs that support family financial stability, school readiness and on-time graduation. Grant recipients are determined by the Women United® executive committee.
2019 Grant Recipients
- Catherine Marian Housing, Bethany Apartments - School STARS
- Catholic Charities - Hispanic AFA / LIFT
- Faith Hope & Love - Duffels for Kids
- Great Lakes Conservation Corps. - Accelerated Remediation for Graduation Readiness
- Higher Expectations - Bright by Text
- Racine Family YMCA - Teen Achievers
- Riverbend Nature Center - Building Blocks of Nature
- SAFE Haven of Racine, Inc. - Girls Inc. of SE WI
- Youth for Christ - Parent Life
- YWCA of Southeastern WI - Racine Personal Financial Management
POWER OF THE PURSE
Women United's annual Power of the Purse luncheon auctions off purses, handbags, beauty products, certificates to local business, and more in support of the Brighter Future Fund. If you're interested in contributing purses or funding so that we can offer great auction items, please fill out the following form.
As a Women United® member, you will share your time and talents with an amazing group of women who not only want to see positive change in the community—they want to create it.
- Be part of a local group of women dedicated to supporting each other and the community.
- Receive exclusive invites to special events, including fundraising and volunteer opportunities.
- Be part of a nationally recognized group of dedicated, female philanthropists.
- Learn about the real needs and issues affecting our community.
- Be listed in United Way publications and online.
- Qualify for charitable tax deductions on your gift.
Special thank you to our Inaugural Founding Members:
- Lisa Glover
- Peggy Kelsey
- Sandy Kontra
Special thank you to Executive Committee Members:
- Laura Matter - Chair
- Gina Sorenson - Vice Chair
- Amanda Bulgrin
- Francesca Bumpurs
- Frances Kis
For more information, please contact Tracie Feest at 262-898-2242.