Mobilizing the Power of Women to Advance the Common Good
WHAT IS UNITED WAY WOMEN UNITED®?
CREATED AND LED BY WOMEN. Women United® is a global force of nearly 70,000 women representing United Ways from across the country, all dedicated to effecting change in their local communities. United Way of Racine County’s Women United® supports United Way’s efforts to build an educated workforce. Members are mobilized and inspired to become powerful philanthropists.
BRIGHTER FUTURE FUND
Through the creation of the Brighter Future Fund, Women United® shows its commitment to supporting United Way of Racine County’s goal of building an educated workforce. This fund, which is separate from United Way’s Community Campaign, offers grant opportunities to programs aiding the development of today and tomorrow’s workforces, with a focus on women and children. Annual grants are available to programs that support family financial stability, school readiness, and on-time graduation. Grant recipients are determined by the Women United® executive committee.
2017 Grant Recipients
- SAFE Haven of Racine, Inc. - Girls Inc. of SE WI
- Preemie Power of Wisconsin, Inc.
- First Choice Pre-Apprenticeship
- Bethany Apartments
- Youth for Christ
As a Women United® member, you will share your time and talents with an amazing group of women who not only want to see positive change in the community – they want to create it.
- Be part of a local group of women dedicated to supporting each other and the community.
- Receive exclusive invites to special events, including fundraising and volunteer opportunities.
- Be part of a nationally recognized group of dedicated female philanthropists.
- Learn about the real needs and issues affecting our community.
- Be listed in United Way publications and online.
- Gifts qualify for a charitable tax deduction.
HOW TO JOIN
Special thank you to our Inaugural Founding Members:
- Lisa Glover
- Peggy Kelsey
- Sandy Kontra
Special thank you to Executive Committee Members:
- Laura Matter - Chair
- Kara Reske
- Bridget Shirley
- Stephanie Sklba
For more information, please contact Tracie Feest at 262-898-2242.