We fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community.
Mobilizing the caring power of Racine County to improve lives and transform our community.
United Way envisions a community where individuals and families achieve their potential through healthy lives, education, and financial stability.
Our Core Values
Our core values provide the foundation on which we base our actions and decisions in order to fulfill our mission.
COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY SUCCESS
- We make a positive difference and have a measurable impact of enduring consequence.
- We make a difference in our community and collectively in our world. Our efforts change lives.
- We are committed to a United Way that is relevant to all people, all cultures, all communities, and the times.
- We assume responsibility as good stewards of and are accountable for our work and sustainable results.
- We provide strong leadership and act as a catalyst for promoting positive change in our community.
- We are effective educators and conveners, bringing all segments of the community together to promote individual well-being and the common good.
- We are leaders of a process that multiplies the impact of people’s innate desire and capacity to care for one another.
- We are strong only when we are inclusive.
- We aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of our work.
- We are committed to understanding the political, economic, social, and cultural context of our work and activities.
- We act in ways that respect the dignity, uniqueness, and intrinsic worth of every person—the donors, our own staff and families, board members, volunteers, and the community.
- We believe in a movement built from the rich diversity and gifts of all people in all systems.
INTEGRITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- We act with integrity that justifies trust.
- We uphold our core mission in a manner that promotes the trust of our volunteers, donors and stakeholders.
- We maintain the highest standards of excellence and accountability, including prudent use of finances and fair, accurate, and honest disclosures of information.
- We value innovation in community building to effect positive change.
- We help transform visions of compassion and giving into dynamic reality.
- We are committed to continuous improvement, gaining insights from experience, knowledge and data.
- We innovate to drive positive change in everything we do, and have the courage to take risks and learn from our successes and failures.
IN ADDITION TO FUNDING NEARLY 40 AREA NONPROFITS, UNITED WAY OF RACINE COUNTY FUNDS SEVERAL OF ITS OWN INITIATIVES IN HEALTH, EDUCATION, FINANCIAL STABILITY, AND BASIC NEEDS.