Empowering young people ...
to make a positive difference in Racine County through grant making and community service. YAR is a United Way education program that provides grants to fund youth-designed, youth-led community service and service learning projects.
THE PURPOSE AND FUNCTION OF YOUTH AS RESOURCES IS TO:
- Provide funding for supplies needed to complete youth-led community service projects
- Promote youth as capable community contributors who have valuable ideas and are able to take on responsibilities with energy and skill
- Empower youth to develop and apply their capacity to transform themselves and the world in which they live through active participation in the relationships, events and institutions that impact their lives
- Foster youth/adult partnerships where adults play a significant role as respectful partners and where both youth and adults share power and decision making
- Promote the direct involvement of youth in their communities as productive workers, as change agents, and as advocates for themselves and others in organizations and institutions throughout the community
- Promote in youth the development and acquisition of new knowledge and skills by providing support and challenging opportunities
First deadline - February 1, 2019
- All applicants will need to present their project proposal to the YAR board. Presentations will take place at Karcher Middle School in Burlington on February 13.
- Time: TBD
- Funds will be available on Febrary 28.
Second deadline - April 1, 2019
- All applicants will need to present their project proposal to the YAR board. Presentations will take place at Karcher Middle School in Burlington on April 13.
- Time: TBD
- Funds will be available on April 28.
Please contact contact Ana Sanchez at email@example.com for more information in regards to the grant application.
The Youth As Resources model is based on three core principles:
- Youth-adult partnerships
- Youth-led service