Nothing is more important to Racine County’s long-term economic prosperity than the development of a workforce with the necessary skills and knowledge required to perform the job. That development begins in the classroom and in neighborhoods.
LIFT (Link and Inspire for Tomorrow) is a place-based strategy that creates partnerships between neighborhoods and resources. Based on the Community School model found in 5,000 communities across the nation, it has an integrated focus on academics, health and social services, community engagement, and development.
- Advancing Family Assets, a family success coaching program
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin's School-based Mental Health Clinic
- Focus on Community’s FAST (Families and Schools Together) program
- Girl Scouts’ Urban Initiatives program
- United Way’s Schools of Hope tutoring program
- UW-Extension's Family Nutrition programs
- Racine Family YMCA's School Achievers program