Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is a national program staffed by local volunteers to provide free preparation and electronic filing of tax returns. It’s an important service to thousands of individuals and families in Racine County with low-to-moderate incomes who are eligible for tax credits. Our IRS certified volunteers help to take the stress and confusion out of tax season and save clients on average $200 per tax return.
The VITA application is currently closed. Please provide your contact information and we will notify you when we start recruitment for the tax season. The VITA volunteer application opens October 1.
- No experience needed - all training provided
- All volunteers are required to pass a background check
- Volunteer positions available both for in-person and virtual
- Multiple volunteer roles available
- Trainings start as early as November
- Tax season runs from end of January through early/mid-April