Mobilizing the Power of Women to Advance the Common Good
WHAT IS UNITED WAY WOMEN UNITED®?
CREATED AND LED BY WOMEN. Women United® is a global force of nearly 70,000 women representing United Ways from across the country; all dedicated to effecting change in their local communities. United Way of Racine County’s Women United® supports United Way’s efforts to build an educated workforce. Members are mobilized and inspired to become powerful philanthropists.
As a Women United® member, you will share your time and talents with an amazing group of women who not only want to see positive change in the community – they want
to create it.
- Be part of a local group of women dedicated to supporting each other and the community.
- Receive exclusive invites to special events including fundraising and volunteer opportunities that focus on a specific area of United Way’s work.
- Participate in a mentoring program to share your knowledge and expertise with other women.
- Be part of a nationally-recognized group of dedicated female philanthropists.
- Learn about the real needs and issues affecting our community.
- Be listed in United Way publications and online.
- Qualify for a charitable tax deduction.
HOW TO JOIN
Our members are united in their passion for community and giving back. Life changing programs require funding, and we ask members to demonstrate their passion by making a personal financial commitment. Join Women United® with a minimum annual gift of $1,000 or more to United Way of Racine County. You can also plan ahead for a Women United® gift. We offer membership at a reduced/tiered cost: first year-$500; second year - $750; third year - $1,000. Contributions can be made by check, credit card, monthly bank transfer, or payroll deduction. Memberships are for a 12-month period from the date of the pledge.
Show your support for Women United® by becoming an Inaugural Founding Member. You can qualify with an individual or combined gift of $2,500 to United Way of Racine County. All Inaugural Founders are acknowledged in marketing and publications.
Special thank you to our Inaugural Founding Members:
- Lisa Glover
- Peggy Kelsey
- Sandy Kontra
Special thank you to Executive Committee Members:
- Laura Matter-Chair
- Kara Reske
- Bridget Shirley
- Stephanie Sklba
For more information, please contact Tracie Feest at 262-898-2242.