During the 2014-15 school year, United Way of Racine County will partner with Racine Unified School District to place volunteer tutors in eight local elementary schools. If you have questions about any aspect of Schools of Hope, please visit our FAQ page or contact Jessica Safransky Schacht at 262-898-2251 prior to completing this application.
New and returning tutors must complete this application to become a tutor for the 2014-15 school year.
Background check and training
- All volunteers must consent to and pass a background check conducted by the Racine County Sheriff's Department. Volunteers who do not pass the background check will be notified and will not be placed in a tutor assignment.
- After you submit your Schools of Hope Volunteer Tutor Application, you will be taken to a confirmation screen. Please follow the instructions on the confirmation screen to register for a training session.
- Training sessions will be two hours long and will be held at United Way of Racine County.
- All tutors, including new and returning tutors, are required to attend a training session prior to receiving their tutor assignment.
- Volunteer information will be submitted for background checks each Friday. Results will be available in 7-10 business days.
- Volunteers who complete the tutor application by Friday, September 19 will attend training in late September/early October and will begin tutoring in mid-October.
- Volunteers who complete the tutor application between September 20 and November 14 will attend training in mid-November and will begin tutoring in early December.
Please complete the information below to secure your spot as a 2014-15 Schools of Hope tutor!
Click on each box below to expand the section and reveal the quesitons. Please do not complete the application in ALL CAPS or all lower case.
After completing the application, click submit once. You will be taken to a confirmation screen. If you do not see a confirmation screen, your application has not been submitted. Look for an error message at the top of the page that explains why your application has not been submitted, complete the missing information and click submit again.
Your application must be completed and submitted in one session. If you navigate away from the page, your progress will not be saved.