During the 2016-17 school year, United Way of Racine County will partner with Racine Unified School District to place Schools of Hope volunteer tutors in five local elementary schools!
- September 23, 2016: Schools of Hope Volunteer Tutor Application deadline. There will not be a spring application opportunity.
- September 22-29: Tutor training. Mandatory for all new tutors.
- October 10-14: School orientations. Exact dates and times TBD. Attendance is optional.
- Week of October 17: Tutoring begins!
If you have questions about any aspect of Schools of Hope, please watch our Schools of Hope video, check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact Jessica Safransky Schacht at 262-898-2251 prior to completing this application.
Participating schools and school start/end times
Note that not all schools will have students available at all times of the day.
- Giese - 8:00-2:45
- Knapp - 7:15-3:22
- North Park - 9:20-4:05
- Olympia Brown - 8:05-2:50
- Wadewitz - 8:35-3:20
- All volunteers must consent to and pass a background check conducted by the Racine County Sheriff's Department.
- Volunteers who do not pass the background check will be notified and will not be placed in a tutor assignment.
- Volunteers who pass the background check will not be notified.
- All tutors, including new and returning tutors, are required to fulfill the training option selected on the application prior to receiving their tutor assignment.
Schools of Hope Volunteer Tutor Application
Please complete the information below to secure your spot as a 2016-17 Schools of Hope volunteer tutor!
- New and returning tutors must complete this application to become a tutor for the 2016-17 school year.
- Your application must be completed and submitted in one session. If you navigate away from the page, your progress will not be saved.
- Click on each line of blue text below to expand the section and reveal the questions.
- Please do not complete the application in ALL CAPS or all lower case.
- Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required and must be completed in order for your application to be submitted.