Women United Brighter Future Fund
Women United is committed to supporting United Way of Racine County's focus of building an educated workforce through the creation of the Brighter Future Fund. With a focus on women and children, Women United will provide funding opportunities to programs aiding in the development of the workforce of today and tomorrow. Annual grants will be available for programs that support school readiness, family financial stability and on-time graduation.
Women United raises funds outside of the United Way of Racine County's annual campaign. We are able to offer funding due to the generous support of donors throughout our community that want to support women and children.
- Women United Fundraising October 2020 - July 2021
- Grant Applications Accepted July 8 - August 31, 2021
- Grant Applications Reviewed / Make Funding Decisions September 2021
- Announce Grants Awarded October 2021
- Applications will be considered only when submitted by a 501(c)(3) organization
- Programs must be held and service residents in Racine County
- Grant proposals may request funding up to $2,000.00.
- Applications must adhere to one or more of Women United's focus areas
- School readiness - programs or projects that support early childhood literacy
- Family financial stability - programs or projects that support and encourage families to achieve financial stability such as budgeting, planning and financial coaching
- On-time graduation - programs or projects that support on-time graduation, such as mentoring and tutoring students
- If awarded a grant, funds are available October 14, 2021 and are to be used by May 30, 2022.