Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is a national program staffed by local volunteers that provides free preparation and electronic filing of tax returns. Volunteers are needed to help Racine County residents file taxes through VITA.
- Greeters welcome tax filers to the VITA site and make sure that tax filers have all the information needed to complete their tax returns.
- Bi-lingual interpreters will work alongside clients and preparers for a streamlined process.
- Tax preparers must complete training and certification at a basic level. Training is web based, free, and can be completed on your own time, at your own pace.
- Reviewers are responsible for the secondary check, or review, of every tax return to ensure that the return is prepared correctly.
- Site coordinators/Assistant site coordinators are responsible for ensuring that VITA rules and regulations are followed at every site and assisting the volunteers and clients at their assigned site.
No experience is required. All training is provided. Flexible schedules are available, including weekdays, evenings and weekends. A commitment of 2-4 hours per week is required during tax season (January through April 2020).
To request more information on becoming a VITA volunteer, please submit the information below. Applications for the 2020 season will be available starting September 30, 2019.