In order to reach our campaign goal, we need dedicated staff and volunteers to raise the funds necessary to create positive, transformative change in our community.
The Campaign Associate (CA) Program is a four-month opportunity that directly affects United Way’s capacity to engage the greatest number of potential investors each year. CA’s provide the staffing assistance we need. CA training and subsequent work assignments will develop:
- Training and development in sales, public speaking/communications, and problem solving;
- Networking and relationship management skills with diverse personalities and professionals;
- Enhanced knowledge of community needs, economic trends and activities; and
- An opportunity to contribute directly to and positively impact our community.
Companies may loan an employee to this task for a commitment of five to ten hours per week from August through December, with one week of partial days (16 total hours) devoted to training in late July. Full ($5,000) or partial sponsorships are also deeply appreciated if employees are not available.
United Way of Racine County
Job Description: Campaign Associate
Status: Part-time position
Core Function: To assist United Way staff in implementing successful campaign strategies by supporting workplace campaigns and developing new markets.
Reports to: Investor Services Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary responsibilities: Campaign Associates (CA) will work with United Way of Racine County from the beginning of August through the end of November. During this period, CA’s will be expected to dedicate 15 - 20 hours weekly to campaign business, which would include attendance at weekly team meetings. Trainings will be held the week of Monday, July 30th in the morning. The vast majority of responsibilities will be completed during regular business hours. However, depending on assignments, there may be an occasional early morning or evening time required.
Campaign Associates are encouraged to attend the Campaign Kickoff on September 8th and Victory Dinner Celebration on January 24, 2019.
Specific Duties, including but not limited to:
- Account Management:
- Assist companies in planning and executing a successful workplace campaign
- Assure prompt delivery of workplace campaign supplies and arrange pick-up of campaign proceeds
- Maintain up-to-date account records in data management system
- Training and Presentation:
- Attend scheduled training sessions and weekly campaign meetings
- Speak on behalf of United Way at workplace campaign meetings
- Participate in planning meetings for company workplace campaigns
- Assist with campaign volunteer orientations
- Prepare weekly progress reports and complete final reports on each account
- Participate in end of campaign evaluations
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to the 2018 Employee Campaign
- Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of fundraising or sales experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with investors, corporate leaders, community members, colleagues & volunteers.
- Ability to effectively communicate a case for giving in a variety of ways including but not limited to public speaking engagements, small group meetings, one-on-one meeting and written materials.
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle.
- Personable and Professional – inspire volunteers and colleagues through knowledge, demeanor and uncompromising integrity
- Competitive – wants to win and wants team to win
- Intelligent – proven capacity to understand complex issues adding value in the ongoing development of the community impact agenda
- Productive – works hard, works smart, works fast and makes no excuses
- Genuine –strong sense of emotional intelligence and calmness under stress
Benefits and other compensation:
United Way of Racine County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com or apply online HERE
Submissions via mail should be sent to the address below:
United Way of Racine County
RE: 2018 Campaign Associate Application
2000 Domanik Drive
Racine, WI 53404
For more information, please contact Tracie Feest at 262-898-2242.