In response to the ongoing needs created by the pandemic, United Way of Racine County (UWRC) has launched new opportunities for local nonprofits to request support and for community members to get involved. Through the UWRC COVID Relief project, local nonprofits can apply for funds, request single-use face masks and request supplies. Community members are invited to donate to the COVID Relief Fund, donate to the supply drive and volunteer to construct masks.
These efforts are the second phase of pandemic response efforts led by United Way of Racine County. Learn more about the first phase, Community Cares.
Apply for Funding
The United Way of Racine County (UWRC) COVID Relief Fund was established to meet the unexpected and immediate needs of our community related to the pandemic. In particular, the UWRC COVID Relief Fund will focus on the community’s areas of greatest need and inequities.
For more information about funding priorities, non-allowable expenses, and application and reporting requirements, click the button below.
If your nonprofit is in need of supplies to ensure safe, consistent service delivery during the pandemic, please contact MaryBeth Kallio with the following information:
- Organization name
- Contact person name
- Contact person email address
- Contact person phone number
- Specific items needed
Supply lists will be updated monthly and shared with community members interested in donating supplies.
To donate, please reach out directly the organization requesting supplies. Always call before dropping off items.
Knapp Elementary School
Contact: Zyaire Strowder, Community School Coordinator, email@example.com
- Expo Dry Erase Markers /quantity: 100
- Headphones / quantity: 300
- Crayola Markers box of 10 / quantity: 250
- Crayola Crayons box of 24 / quantity: 250
- Erasers (1 or 2 count pack / quantity: 250
- Glue sticks quantity: 200
- Composition notebooks / quantity: 300
- Notebooks (wide-ruled) / quantity: 300
Julian Thomas Elementary School
Contact: Leigh Ann Martinez, Community School Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
All grade levels - 4K-5th grade
- Glue sticks (any brand) / quantity: 150
- 16 or 24 pack Crayola Crayons / quantity: 150
- 8 pack Crayola Markers / quantity: 250
- 2 Pocket folders (any brand or colors) / quantity: 300
- Colored Pencils (Crayola) / quantity: 250
- #2 Pencils (any brand) / quantity: 400
- Student White Boards (9" x 12") / quantity: 200
- Supply boxes (color & brand do not matter) / quantity:
Grades K - 5th
- Black Dry-Erase Markers (broad-tip & fine-tip - any brand)/ quantity: 250
- Wide-ruled notebooks (any brand) / quantity: 30
- Wide-ruled filler paper (any brand) / quantity: 300
- Square Post-It's (color & brand do not matter) / quantity: 300
- Pencil sharpeners (any brand or color) / quantity: 300
- Flash cards (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division) / quantity: 300