- ABOUT US
- OUR WORK
- OUR CAMPAIGN
- OUR PARTNERS
- CONTACT US
Volunteer with AFA
There are many ways to get involved and support AFA families. Individuals can sign-up to assist with general office tasks or to help with special events for families. For more information on individual volunteering, please contact Marie Hargrove at 262-898-2244.
Congregations and other faith-based organizations can become part of AFA resource teams to give practical, emotional and spiritual support to families. Faith-based AFA Teams can help AFA families by providing assistance for them to become financially stable and obtain family success in a variety of ways, such as:
- providing transportation when needed;
- providing child care;
- providing tutoring to school-age children
- ensuring access to congregation resources such as food pantries, household items and emergency funds;
- inviting participants to family-oriented events;
- assisting with home repairs/maintenance; and/or
- serving as advocates when appropriate such as helping with making appointments and negotiating bills.
How to start an AFA Faith-based Team
- Talk with your pastor and other members of the congregation about forming a team.
- Contact Marie Hargrove at 262-898-2244 to request an overview presentation and answer any additional questions.
- Your church will complete the Faith-based AFA Team Reply Form and submit it to United Way.
What kind of support will your team receive from AFA?
After the Faith-based AFA team is officially formed, the AFA Project Facilitator will assign a family to the team, provide an orientation on the AFA initiative to the team, and then help the members learn about other helpful strategies and community resources through on-going communication, training, and support.