Board member applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and are reviewed as board member positions become available.
Looking for a unique volunteer opportunity? Want to meet new people and have fun while improving Racine County? Join the Youth As Resources board!
Board Member Requirements
- Interested in being a community leader
- Understands the importance of youth involvement in Racine County
- Recognizes the power of youth-adult partnerships
- Willing and able to fulfill board member responsibilities
- Available to serve on the board for at least one full program year (August-June)
- Youth board members must be at least 11 years old/in sixth grade
Board Member Responsibilities
- Attend and actively participate in at least half of all regularly scheduled YAR meetings and board service projects.
- Review grant applications, evaluate project presentations and make funding recommendations.
- Oversee and monitor funded projects through site visits and written reports.
- Participate in recognition events for grant project participants.
- Represent United Way of Racine County and Youth As Resources at community events.
Please complete the information below to be considered as a Youth As Resources board member.
Click on the blue text to expand each application section. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*). We recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Safari when completing this web form.